Friday, April 11, 2014

Valentine Day Cards

I think it is a long time that I have not posted anything. I was a li'l busy in some personal work and I have not really posted anything in my blog, but I still managed time to make some cards. So, the history to these Valentine day cards dates back to my friend's request/rather suggestion to make a few to gift for his fiancee. I tried a  couple of cards, which I have posted below. But he entirely came up with a new idea and his own sentiments and after long long discussions, we finalized a simple sentiment, yet a powerful one. In fact, it was this time, that I found how simple words can become so meaningful in a card.  The first card goes here.



And the second one here -


I tried the second one for a vintage look, though it did not come so very well. We planned for the wordings "You are my perfect rose". This had a very old and a dirty-with-sand look, so we figured it might not be a card to gift for the first time for a valentine. Lol. And the final one comes below.







I stamped the image with the justrite stamp, coloured it with usual colours, and the stamped image added beauty to my words, whereas you can see only one rose with bright+neat colouring, and the other rose is half cut and the left one has a dull colouring. So the perfect rose in this image is only one :).
And I added a tag that I received as a gift from Huseena, stamped an image from Itsy Bitsy's birthday stamp(the gift box image on the tag), coloured it, stamped the justrite's Happy Valentine's day image on the tag and added the tag to the card.

You can see the wordings "You are my perfect rose" behind the tag. This will be seen when the tag is lifted. I just wanted the letters to be in a improper shape, to convey an inner meaning that - lovers may not be perfect to everyone, but they are perfect they are the way to their Valentine.

I have not captured an inside view of the card because I felt it should be little private to the person. Apart from other contents, it contains the word "Me" inside a heart shaped symbol, and "You" inside a rose with the message You+Me=Happy.

And I am very glad that my friend liked this card.

Will be back with an update soon. :)

Bye all and thanks for reading the above post.

No comments:

Post a Comment