Monday, April 21, 2014

An attempt towards mixed media

This is a new try from my side for a mixed media project. I hope it looks alike. I am not really sure whether this could be categorized into a mixed media layout. If yes, I would like to hear some comments. 



 This is the complete layout. I got the canvas eons ago from Coimbatore and used gesso for brick pattern that could be seen in the right hand side bottom. I used stencils for the brick pattern. The top most left hand side patten is made by using memory box sun shine stencils. I misted it using Priya's mini misters again. Of course, the entire project is made by using mini misters. The yellow part is to place a photograph. I wanted to get a Spring theme, so I used as many flowers as I can.



This is a peacock chip board that I picked up from Itsy Bitsy. For colours used Priya Sivaraj's mini misters, and since I did not have distress inks then, I used my acrylic colours, and sprayed them over the peacock to get a mixed look of blue and green.



 A birdie to hold the photograph that I picked from Itsy Bitsy.


The stamped image is distressed with tumbled glass distress ink. The stamp is from Kaisercraft that has the dictionary meaning of "soulmate" which I picked up from kraftzone.


No comments:

Post a Comment