Sunday, November 3, 2013

A 0.0000000000000000001% Artist

It would be no exaggeration to say that I have a craze on pencils that dance on papers to render a drawing. I do not remember exactly what made me to start drawing; but, a flash strikes my mind on the first picture I drew. Having a vague memory, I think it is Andal(The so called Shri Rangam Ranganathar's Lovable beauty). Below the picture of Andal, I did draw the picture of Kannaki ( W/O Kovalan, a character in the epic Silappathigaram). Though my first attempt turned out well, I did not sketch any for a few days. Soon I started to show my talent in Biology diagrams. Should I need to say that I was one of the pets of my Biology staff.( In my early days, my mother used to walk to school and complain about the drawing master to himself stating that let him not give any tough diagrams to students, because, the sufferers are the parents ultimately :D. It was the time when I was so bad in sketching). Slowly, the Artist in myself began to grow with so many versions. We had a Krishna Idol at home, which had a very old appearance as the colours on it started showing its own nature. Wow. Now I am a painter. Got some money from elders, ran to a nearby shop which sold paints, got a bunch of colours, got back to home, started painting. 1,,,2,,,,3,,,,,4,,,,5 hours gone and skipped lunch. I was happy that my part was given in something that turned out an old one into new.
Come On :-) ; We humans are always geared up when someone praises and I am not spared too. All my days started with papers and pencils in front of me. And almost in 6th/7th, I had a collection of 70-80 sketches filed. Though I thought myself to give a try on crafts, which became one of my favourites. Slowly, I kept on drawing with no one noticing it and finally I had so many sketches of Lord Krishna in 10th. I still maintain my sketch of Him which I drew before the day of my revision exam. I really do not know any reason, but I love Lord Krishna even now. He was my first friend, he is still my best friend, my guide and everything else. There were days when I used to hug a Krishna picture for a calm sleep. Also, one of my favourite temple is Guruvayoor, the Krishna temple in Kerala. I just forget bout the rest of the world, including my own self when I enter into the temple. Ok, let's not divulge; coming back to my sketching, below is the one.

Slowly, I managed to become an artist through so many people who inspired me(especially,Artist Sirpi and Artist Padmavasan, Artist Veda - the sketches used to come in Kalki DeepaWali Malar). It was in my college, though my dearest friend Vasugi that I was introduced to pencil sketching. Her father was an Artist and she shared a book that her father had purchased years ago which had beautiful pencil sketches in it. It was the time for me to read about them to tenure myself on the right way. One of the pics from that book, which I managed to draw in a paper is below.

Though, I learnt sketching in various phases, I was a bit happy and satisfied when I drew a picture of Goddess Sri Raja Rajeshwari of Jyoti Peetam, the Peetam formed by my Great Grand Father HH Shiri Shri Satguru Abhayananda Swami. Later in this blog will be published his story.
Given is the sketch that I drew. Of course, I was delighted, excited, satisfied, and..... I had no words with remaining emotions when I saw the face and structure of the Goddess to be as exact as the one in temple. Glad that I had a chance(and I am the first one too) to draw Her sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment